Flashbacks are a real thing and they are scary and you never know when they are going to happen. They mostly happen to me when I'm driving and trying to fall asleep. It's frustrating at times because I use to be able to drive and decompress from the craziness that happened at work or fall asleep thinking about what the chaos the next day would bring. Now I have flashbacks that shake me to the core. I see everything again. I relive everything again. Sometimes I see more and remember things I didn't remember, sometimes I just see bits and pieces. I have fallen asleep during flashbacks and woken up and a puddle of sweat having a panic attack. I have turned the air conditioner on in the car to get myself to stop thinking about a flashback and just drive. I turn up the radio really loud and just sing, hoping that the next song won't trigger a memory. Flashbacks are real and annoying and I hate them...




No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.